In 1730 Juan Floris Famenias sailed from Minorca, his native island, to seek fame and fortune in England. Although in 1730 the scents were a novelty, this young Mediterranean had the audacity to open a perfume with her name in the elegant district of St James in London almost opposite the beautiful church that the famous architect Christopher Wren had just built.
So it was that Juan stabiti in London, he married an English woman and began his thriving business. His family, now in the eighth generation, continues the tradition at No. 89 Jermyn Street, where for over 260 years has the honor to count among its customers the members of the royal house. The shop is furnished with mahogany furniture from the Great Exhibition of 1851 in Spain, creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere that enhances still the charm of Floris.
In 270 years of business Floris has earned less than 17 Royal Warrants. These and other documents, together with a rich collection of valuable antiques and are now part of an important private collection housed in the museum Floris, located behind the shop in Jermyn Street.